Time for Hugs ad

Time for Hugs ad
it's a time for hugs ad

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Larry, Moe and William

I mentioned before the Juggernaut qualities of William. His chubby body and persistance giving him and unstoppable air. Tables, chairs, falls, trips, fences, a leash, nothing will stop him from trying to get what he wants, except for himself.
William is a master at hurting himself, and not only hurting himself, but hurting himself in such a way that his mom and I cannot help but laugh. This may sound mean, but I hope my audience will understand just how comical it usually is by the end of this post. He is like a member of the three stooges, except he doesn't need two other people to make it funny.

This weekend in particular holds a good amount of what I will call self inflicted comedy. It started on Friday when we all went to Mason for a craft night and ice cream social. My girlfriend and I were sitting down waiting for it to start as William spun chairs around, walked in circles, and then proceeded to get on all fours and stare at his mother and I. For what seemed like minutes now he stared at us, until he saw it fit to ram his head as hard as he could into the ground. He stared up and cried, his mom and I rushing to console him and make sure he was ok as we held in our laughter.

Then came Saturday. My girlfriend and I were watching t.v. when we suddenly hear William fussing. We look down to see him stuck in a drum barrel. He has a small drum with a removable lid for easy storage of musical toys, and he had somehow gotten his butt stuck pretty neatly into the barrel. His legs and arms flapped uselessly as he tried to right himself like an upturned turtle.

And then came Sunday night. We were all driving home when William begins to fuss. My girlfriend and I attributed this to him being tired, as it is what he normally does. But his fussing continued long after his usual time and we began to wonder. It was not until we got home and pulled him from his seat that I noticed something amiss. William had pulled his right arm from the strap and it lay awkwardly on top of the seatbelt.
There are many more instances of these situations, but these are the most recent and prominent, and not the last I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment