Time for Hugs ad

Time for Hugs ad
it's a time for hugs ad

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

William on a Friday

There are some weekends we send William off to be with his biological father's family, and on these weekends I feel this little mix of extreme happiness and slight sadness. I'm happy because, once a month, my girlfriend and I can be a couple instead of being parents. We desperately need these as sometimes we get so caught up in the stresses of being so far away, from each other and never having any time to just enjoy each other's company that things get rather difficult between us. But the sadness comes in from not being able to see William for a whole weekend, except on the rare weekend where I can make it down there on Friday and spend some time with him before he goes.

I won't have many pictures with this post, as it's mostly just feelings and thoughts. Friday's with William are typically really good. We go get some errands done, sneak into his mommy's work and give her flowers when she's not looking, go to the library, etc. It's a simple time of a few hours where we don't have to worry about finding some place to be for 6 hours. We don't need a home because we only have a few hours together. They are great because the stress of finding a place for him and I to be is gone. It gives me time to focus on William, which I wish I could do more.

No comments:

Post a Comment