Time for Hugs ad

Time for Hugs ad
it's a time for hugs ad

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Some things that William Likes

One of the downsides to living an hour away from my girlfriend is that I do not get to see William every day, or even half of the week. I get to see him for two days, three if I am lucky, out of the seven. This has the unfortunate side effect of it being hard to track his every day growth, or to watch him learn and discover what he likes and doesn't like as it happens. I miss out on a lot of his favorite things because I simply am not around to see what he likes. There are a few things I have learned about his list of favorite things however, and I will share them with you.

Favorite Song: William has quite a few favorite songs, the most adorable being "If you're happy and you know it" and "Old McDonald" because he has found a way to sing along with them. The most bizarre of his favorite songs is "Rock of Ages" by Deff Leppard. I have no idea why. One weekend it had played on the radio and he pointed at my speakers and said "Button again." I asked him if he wanted the song again and he said "yeah." He will bob his head, move his arms, sing along, and (most adorably) put his hands over his mouth and laugh when the lead singer laughs at the end of the song.

Favorite Show: There are many people who claim a child should not have television until he/she is over two years old. My girlfriend and I have not had the option to remove it, but I've seen enough to know that the television has had an impact on him, and a largely positive one. When he does watch T.V it is almost always "Noggin", and only the shows we have approved of. (I despise Thomas the Train engine.)  His favorite show is Caillou, a four year old cartoon child who happens to have about as much hair as fuzzy wuzzy. I don't see the appeal, but it's had a huge impact on him wanting to be a "big boy" and he often mentions "Caillou pee pee" ("Pee pee like Caillou" from what I can translate.) when he goes to use the potty.

Favorite Toy: This is a tough one. William's two favorite toys are cars and balls. Give him any one of these and he will be content for a good amount of time. I would put a great amount of money into a toy that somehow combined the two. A big car with detachable balls for wheels? Would probably lose the wheels within a week. Never mind.

These are all I can think of at the time. He doesn't really have a favorite food, or color, or place to play. I'm sure I'll learn more as he continues to grow.

1 comment:

  1. The TV thing has both pros and cons. One of the most unusually accurate cracked.com entries I've ever seen has a lot of the same info an intro psych text would on the subject: http://www.cracked.com/article_18856_6-shocking-ways-tv-rewires-your-brain.html

    ReplyDelete